Monday, October 30, 2006

Foreseeing The Glory

Last week has been really glorious in its true sense.

First thing, I was approved to get drivers license.
Thanks to the four people who helped me in this.
Harsha - For looking after the car rental issues.
Nandeesh - For taking me to the DPS office and waiting.
Arun - For his patience during my practice.
Aaraj - For the risk he has taken to teach driving
and for having trust in me, for allowing me drive
in downtown the very second day - big moral boost.

Second thing, I practiced singing a song after 10 years.
Again, thanks to Aaraj for helping me enjoy the song.
Without his keyboard-playing and singing support
the song would not have been so enjoyable.
I got some real appreciation and encouragement from some
of my colleagues who have that taste.

After a long time, again, I said "no sir/madam" when
a few people asked me if I knew/learned Karnatic music.
Singing this Jayadeva ashTapadi made me believe in myself.
Also, a few Kannadigas were pleasantly surprised when I
came up with a melodious old Kannada film song.

Party attended by non-Indian colleagues as well.
After my Kannada song Anne said "Good one" and then
to my shock she asked if that was a sad song.
I had to tell her a beautiful romantic song
need not be a fast beat number.
While I was having dinner Goron came up to me to say
"Fantastic performance. You sang very well."
This guy has traveled frequently t India.
I felt happy for 'a non-Indian appreciating our music'.
Not just my participation, I enjoyed to see a lot of
hidden talents and enthusiasm in the party this week end.

Harsha has stolen the party with his "KajraaRe" dance.
He formed a team of five and composed and taught the team.
Harsha played AishwaryaRai(with dress, makeup and wig - his expenses)
Manvantara played Amitab Bachchan, he was so damn stylish.
Nandeesh played Abhishek Bachchan, he was at his best during the performance.
Ramprasad played a supporting dancer, still he caught viewers attention.
Anantha was the other supporting dancer.
The team got a ground breaking response. Their hard work paid.

There was a photo session with AishwaryaRai.

After the party it resonated from Aaraj when I asked him
"do you feel like successfully performing a marriage?"
It was all his hard work and decisions behind the party.
So he was responsible for any thing that could go wrong.

Things are moving one by one to construct "my own" life
both at home in India and here in Houston.
As of now I can foresee a secure autonomous Ramu in near future.
Moving out of comfort zone to find an individual solo life style for a few days (years!?) before marriage.
This struggle should take a glorious shape by coming January 2007 at least.

3 comments:

sheela said...

hay,

Nice way to thank them it is good idea where exactly you live , Iam alos having roots of family from kadapa know only little but my granies lived there . If you have any idea of mydukur my mom is from that place and dad is from jammalamadugu . Thats about my roots . Rest all you can read my blogs if you have time ..
Sheela

leo said...

Came here from the telugu blog. Spent a good part of the day going through all the posts. Thanks and keep writing . I dont mind letting go of a piece of my mind for you :-)

రానారె said...

Thank you Sheela and leo.